4 ways we can help
… at an affordable cost
We understand that you may be concerned about the cost of getting the best legal advice. That’s why we have 4 options to make our services more affordable with a free exploratory meeting or a half price consultation, highly competitive fees or – for a mutually agreed divorce – a range of fixed cost options.
Free Mediation Information Meeting
We offer all new clients a free 30 Minute Mediation Information Meeting (MIM). In the meeting a mediator will explain the mediation process and how it could benefit you and your spouse or partner. For more details please see Why consider family mediation.
Mediation can be used to resolve all types of Divorce and Family Law issues and is usually a more informal, faster and cost-effective alternative to court.
The MIM can be attended by you alone or with your spouse or partner. If mediation is not appropriate, we can discuss other ways we could help you, such as Collaborative Law or Solicitor led negotiation.
Half Price Consultation
Alternatively if you require detailed advice you can choose a half price one hour consultation with a solicitor at just £85 plus VAT. At this meeting we can answer any questions you may have, and following on from the meeting we also confirm our advice in writing as we know these can be difficult times for you. If you then appoint us within three months we’ll even deduct the fee* from your final invoice – which makes it free!
March Solicitors Price-match
We have the highest standard when it comes to quality of service for our clients and we regularly benchmark against our competitors to ensure we are delivering that superior service at the most competitive fees.
If you find a local Family Law Specialist within a 5 mile radius offering a more competitive hourly charging rate with the same service conditions, we’ll lower our hourly charging rate to match it. See the terms and conditions of the offer below.
Terms and Conditions of March Solicitors Price-match
A price match is only valid if the following conditions apply:
- It must be a solicitor specialising in family law and a Resolution member or on the Law Society family panel.
- The person must practise within a five mile radius of post code RG14 1JX.
- The price-match will be like for like. For example, it will fall into 2 categories:
- A Partner or Director with 9 or more years post qualification experience (PQE) for less than £185 per hour + VAT.
- An Associate or Assistant Solicitor with more than 1-8 years PQE for less than £140 per hour.
- Proof of the more competitive hourly charging rate must be received on official correspondence (letter/email) from the competitor, addressed to you and within the previous 3 months.
- The claim must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter.
- To check the status of a Solicitor and then PQE, you can visit the Law Society’s database and enter the details of the named solicitor.
To book a ½ price consultation or free free mediation information meeting, call us on 0845 204 2020 or send an online request and we will call you.