What we can do for you
Don’t forget that when you ask for our support, we aim to do more than you would expect.
Initial consultation fee refunded
We only charge £85 + VAT for your initial consultation – a saving of 50% (our normal fees apply after this). However, if you formally instruct us within 3 months of your initial consultation, we will waive your initial consultation fee from the final invoice. The only exception to this is when you use one of our fixed cost services.
Our Divorce and Family Law Services
Our fees range from £140 to £185 per hour + VAT. You are only charged for the time we spend on your instruction, which is broken down into 10 six-minute units in each hour. Short letters (one page) sent and received are charged at one unit, longer letters at two units.
If your divorce is undefended or uncontested you can choose from our Fixed Cost services including Online Divorce or Personal Divorce with a Solicitor. Divorce from as little as £602 using our Online Divorce service which covers all costs, court fees, VAT and work necessary to compete your divorce to Decree Absolute – for more details click here.
March Solicitors Price-match
We have the highest standard when it comes to quality of service for our clients and we regularly benchmark against our competitors to ensure we are delivering that superior service at the most competitive fees.
If you find a local Family Law Specialist within a 5 mile radius offering a more competitive hourly charging rate with the same service conditions, we’ll lower our hourly charging rate to match it. See the terms and conditions of the offer below.
We’re open from 9.30am-7pm
Take the pressure off with our extended hours. You can visit us in your lunch hour, before collecting the kids from school, or after work for minimum disruption to your day.
Meetings where you work
If it’s more convenient, we can travel to your place of work for meetings within a 10 mile radius for free. Anything above 10 miles will be charged at £0.50 per mile.
We realise difficulties don’t always happen during normal working hours which is why we provide a card with a LateLine number for you to call us up to 10pm weekday evenings and 9pm on weekends.
We return your call within 1 or 2 hours respectively and even send you a confirmation email of the advice we have given you afterwards for you to keep as a reference. If you need to use this service we only charge a 25% premium above our normal hourly charging rate for the time we spend outside of our normal operating hours.
When you instruct March Solicitors you also indirectly help a local charity as we donate a minimum of 1% of your paid bills to local good causes.
Terms and Conditions of March Solicitors Price-match
A price match is only valid if the following conditions apply:
- It must be a solicitor specialising in family law and a Resolution member or on the Law Society family panel.
- The person must practise within a five mile radius of post code RG14 1JX.
- The price-match will be like for like. For example, it will fall into 2 categories:
- A Partner or Director with 9 or more years post qualification experience (PQE) for less than £185 per hour + VAT.
- An Associate or Assistant Solicitor with more than 1-8 years PQE for less than £140 per hour.
- Proof of the more competitive hourly charging rate must be received on official correspondence (letter/email) from the competitor, addressed to you and within the previous 3 months.
- The claim must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter.
- To check the status of a Solicitor and then PQE, you can visit the Law Society’s database and enter the details of the named solicitor.